Dance Party Math Mats are the perfect activity to get your kids up and moving while keeping them actively engaged in their learning. This has quickly become a favorite activity for my little learners. Here is how it works. Place the math mats in a
plastic sheet protector and place them in a circle around the room. Each student will need to stand at a mat with a dry erase marker. You, the teacher, will play kid friendly music while they dance around their mat. When the music stops, they must solve the problem the teacher calls out on their mat, or create their own for the next person to solve when they move to the next mat. Keep playing for as long as time permits.
The following math topics are currently included:
1. Ten frame mats: 3 different options for ten and twenty frames (6 mats total)
2. Addition and subtraction mats: 2 different options for addition and subtraction (4 mats total) These could used for 2 and 3 digit numbers.
3. Ten more/ten less mats: 3 different options
4. Place value mats: 2 different options for place value with tens, hundreds, and thousands. (6 maths total)
5. 2D & 3D shape mats: 3 different options for each shape. (6 mats total)
6. Time mat: 1 mat that includes a digital and analog clock
7. Counting coins mats: 4 different options for counting pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters.
8. Fraction mats: 6 different options dividing and shading fractions. 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 (for TX teachers), 1/3, 1/6 are included.
More topics will be added to this unit as they are taught. Would you like to see something added? E-mail me to let me know!
You can click on the preview to get a closer look at this unit. If you have any questions, just let me know and I'll be happy to help.
You can grab a free sample of this unit by clicking on the link below.
Dance Party Math Mats: Addition and Subtraction FREEBIE