**Version 2 has additional skills compared to Version 1
Do you have a hard time getting your students to follow along or pay attention during your Math Meeting? Give this worksheet a try!
Simply print it out, pass it out, and let your students follow along as you go through your Math Meeting for the day. You can print one worksheet off for each student in your class on a full sheet of paper, laminate it, and let them use “special” dry-erase markers to follow along. Or, print 2 worksheets out on 1 page, then make double sided copies and create booklets for each student that has 5 worksheets in each booklet. Use the booklet all week long.
This worksheet covers the basic math skills taught during the first half of first grade. If one section of the worksheet has not been covered yet, the students simply cross it out. The following skills are on the worksheet:
- Today’s Date is: Write out the date (ex. August 19, 2016)
- Today’s Date in Numbers is: 8-19-2016
- Days in School: Write the number of days you’ve been in school (ex. 5)
- Day of the Week: Put a next to the day it is
- Tally Marks: Students are given a number to write in Tally Mark form
- Weather: Put a next to today’s weather, or if you have a weather chart, we counted how many of each kind of weather we’ve had so far (ex. 5 rainy days, 2 sunny days, 1 cloudy day)
- Number Line Tag: We have a running number line that shows how many days we’ve been in school. Students write that number in this section.
- Analog/Digital Clock: Students are given a time to write in both forms
- Coin Cup: We have a coin cup where we count the change that I’ve put in. (Now contains quarters)
- Today’s Pattern: Students finish the pattern I’ve started
Feel free to use this in the way it would work best in your classroom!