This product contains 190 notebook files with the 4th grade math meetings on Smartboard notebook files in an editable format. The files contain the 140 math meetings for Saxon Lessons with extra assessment day math meetings every five lessons in case you want to have a math meeting on assessment days. There are extra math meetings with misc. questions to prepare students for the state test and review content previously taught during their morning work. There is also a template to create your own math meeting and file can be edited to fit your needs.
Here are a couple notes about this product:
1. Students LOVE doing the math meeting on the Smartboard. I love it too! It saves board space without having all the posters and I don't have to erase and write the new math meeting by hand each day! I have students work on the math meeting in their math notebook during morning work time by recording their responses. Then, I have a math meeting helper who calls on students and records answers on the SMART board while the rest of the class "corrects" their work in their journals. This lets me walk around the room freely while everyone is checking their work. You can also print the math meeting for students who go to special services or were absent. If you have a substitute who is not familiar with computers, they can always write the math meeting on an overhead from the teacher manual that day.
2. I created these files originally when I was using a first edition of the Saxon program (worksheets). We have since changed to the second edition and some of the math meetings do not match "exactly" what is in the lesson guide but they are close enough to be used. I edited what I wanted and left some the way they were if they worked. I also changed some of the questions as I saw fit when I want to review a concept for the state exam that Saxon has not covered well. The files can be edited by you to meet your needs easily but provide a great resource to open everyday in your classroom.
3. Even if you do not use the Saxon math program, these files would be useful for any classroom that uses an independent math warm up time. This is usually a time in our day when there are pull outs for special services and students are back in time to go over the math meeting questions and the math lesson.
4. The number of math meeting components increase throughout the school year but I wanted to fit all the questions on one page so that it could be projected in its entirety for work time. Students or the teacher can write answers directly on the Smartboard if there is room by the question or it may be written on the next blank notebook page.
5. I did not include the "calendar" for the math meeting on the notebook file. I kept the calendar posted in my classroom so that the students could refer to it throughout the day.
6. The clock I inserted in some of the files using "flash" did not always work right and I stopped using it. Maybe you will have better luck and can always insert it as your demonstration clock if you want to. I just used a demonstration clock I have in my classroom.
7. The questions in the files are in the "lock" mode to prevent movement when writing on the Smartboard. To "unlock" just click the down arrow and select "unlock" and edit as necessary.
8. The newer version of Saxon comes with a Smartboard component, but did not have the math meetings on notebook files. We discussed this with our Saxon sales rep. and she indicated that they may be working on adding this component. If this has changed, please send me a message!
If you have any other questions, please let me know. I hope you find this product useful!