This printable contains task card to help children gain skills in other money concepts besides just counting coins. There are story problems, finding change, adding money amounts, how much more is needed, and figuring how much money from a sentence.
Children will pick a task card, determine what is being asked, and then solve to find out the answer. They will then use the recording sheet to mark their answers. An answer sheet is provided also.
--36 task cards
--36 bunnies with answers on tummies
Suggestions, tips, and differentiation:
* The bunnies can be used to sort money amount from least to greatest or vice versa.
* Task cards can be used alone for assessment purposes; just record answers on sheet.
* There are many levels of difficulty within the task cards; some simple and some complex. Teacher can pick and choose which ones to use for the different levels of their students.
* Can be used in small group or at a math center. It can also be used in a whole group lesson using a pocket chart.
* Wonderful use of this printable by a teacher
--have a parent volunteer work with a student using the bunny cards.
Put a matching sticker on the backs of the pieces that go together. When the child is finished, have them turn over the cards to see if the stickers match.
Shoveling Money (Counting Coins)
Gobbling Up Money (Counting Coins)
Boo Money (Counting Coins)
Snow More Money (Counting Coins)
Presently Surprised (Counting Money)
Become a Follower
Be the first to know about store sales and new products by clicking the green "Follow Me" star on this page under the store name. Another way is to click the green star on the home page of Creations by Mrs Mouse.
Creations by Mrs Mouse