Improve your students' math problem solving skills with these FULLY EDITABLE templates. Check out the preview to see what's included.
Feedback on this Resource
❤ This template has worked wonders with my kids! Great organizer! – Jessica Treadway
❤ What a WONDERFUL resource to help students frame their thinking!! – Kelli S.
❤ I love this template! My kids will be able to justify their work and do all the parts of problem solving! – Michelle H.
❤ My students have had a difficult time organizing their thoughts to provide justification for their math. This has been a life saver. I love that there are multiple layouts that my students can choose from or I can assign based on what we are learning. – Stephanie S.
❤ This resource allowed our class to have great conversations around challenging math problems and pushed students to think more deeply about HOW they solved a problem. – Matt Ennis
- Paste or type your own problems for students to solve
- Room to jot down important information and identify what the question is asking
- Create a plan by selecting one of eight popular problem solving strategies
- Students show their work on lightly shaded grid area to help them keep things neat and organized.
- At the bottom of each page is room to explain and write the answer in a complete sentence
- Integrated rubric on every page (fully editable!) for teacher, peer and self assessment . There are also templates that don't include rubrics.
- 4 different template variations to choose from
- Works great as a Math Journal or Daily 3 Math Writing template.
Includes 4 problem solving templates in PDF and editable PowerPoint format. Microsoft PowerPoint is required for editing.