This growing bundle is the perfect way to engage your students with real-world application of math concepts! These products make learning meaningful and no prep is required.
* This bundle is set at 30% off. As new products are added, the price will increase accordingly. Purchasing now entitles you to any/all future updates at this low price! There is not a set release schedule for additions to this bundle. This bundle does not include the holiday themed projects
This bundle includes (Read Below for a Detailed Breakdown):
- Plan a camping trip: Multi-digit Multiplication
- Design Your Own Castle: Area And Perimeter
- Real Estate Portfolio: Multi-digit addition and subtraction
- Open a Sandwich Shop: Adding and Subtracting Decimals
With this activity, students will have to practice using multi-digit multiplication to plan a camping trip for their classmates. It's engaging, meaningful, and no prep is required!
This project is a great way assess or practice:
- 2 by 1 digit multiplication
- 2 by 3 digit multiplication
- 2 by 3 digit multiplication
- 3 by 3 digit multiplication
Students will also practice:
- Multi-digit addition
- Multi-digit subtraction
- Decision Making
- Critical Thinking
This engaging product includes:
- 6 pages of multi-digit application - Students will use skills to determine:
- Budget Sheet - Students must add up all their costs and defend their proposed trip budget.
- Early finisher Page: Students draw a map of their camp site with a key.
- Answer Key! Many answers vary based on the number of students in your class, or how many students you assign (this is a great opportunity for differentiation!)
- Metric System Version! Metric unit alternative for students outside of the United States
- (3) 2 by 3 Digit Swaps! Three pages you can swap out with the original to have students focus more on 2 by 3 digit multiplication.
This project based learning, area and perimeter project is the perfect way to extend your student's learning in a fun and engaging way. Students will use their math skills, critical thinking, and creativity to design a castle and the other elements of a kingdom. Beyond a simple worksheet this is perfect as an extension activity, assessment, practice, and test prep!
This exciting product includes:
- Four castle themed area and perimeter activities.
- Students use area and perimeter to layout the interior of a castle based on a queen's wishlist. They'll also fill in a coordinating chart to calculate the area and perimeter of each feature.
- Students use area to create a design for the royal ballroom.
- Students map out the kingdom after using multiplication to calculate the area required for each feature.
- Students complete the work of another royal architect and fill in the blanks on a calculation chart for the Queen's country home.
Students will create a real estate portfolio and "purchase" three properties in your area. They'll have to stay within budget, and will even learn how to fill out checks!
When paired with your local real estate listings, It is a great way to practice assess:
• Multi-digit addition (with regrouping)
• Multi-digit subtraction (with regrouping)
• Subtracting across zeros
• Standard & written notation
This Product Includes
• A budget sheet
• Sample real estate listings (It's recommended to find some from your area or a fun area of your students' choice)
• 4 blank "checks" for your students to pay for their choices
• A follow up question sheet
• Mock real estate licenses to make the project feel more real!
With this activity, students will use their understanding of decimals and money to open a sandwich shop! It's engaging, meaningful, and no prep is required!
4. Open A Sandwich Shop: Adding and Subtracting Decimals
What does this project include?
10 Activity Pages - Pick and choose what's right for your students!
- Calculate cost of menu items by adding ingredient prices
- Figure out the profit for each item using subtraction
- Add up the costs of multiple orders
- Use critical thinking skills to answer questions about their work
- Design his or her own sandwiches and menu and calculate the cost and profit
- Expand his or her thinking with additional challenge question.
Answer keys included!
- Adding decimals up the hundredths place
- Subtracting decimals up the the hundredths place
- Working with money
- Thinking critically about math
- Answering math questions with words
Use Theses Products For:
- Extra Practice
- Group work
- At-home Extension Work
- Test Prep
Benefits of Project Based Learning
- Students think critically and creatively
- Increased engagement and motivation
- Skills are shown to be meaningful and useful
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns TPT credit! I appreciate your feedback - it truly shapes my products!
Follow me for information about new products, freebies, and information about surprise sales! New products are 20% off for the first 24 hours