These are the first five activities from my new book, Puzzling Algebra, available now on Amazon.com. Note: The book is now available for digital download in my store here on Teacherspayteachers.com.
1) Order of operations - solve the problems and use your answers to find your way through a maze.
2) Order of operations - solve the problems and place the answers in a crossword puzzle (higher level problems).
3) Properties of exponents puzzle - can you figure out what goes in each box to make the expression true?
4) Equations with x on both sides - solve the problems to answer some silly riddles.
5) Equation Magic Square - solve each equation (some quite tricky!) and place answers in the square below. All rows, columns, and diagonals should add to 34.
There are many more puzzles in my book including higher level topics like synthetic division, logarithms, long division of polynomials, quadratic equations, factoring, complex numbers, binary, graphing lines and parabolas, etc.