Learn about your students' thoughts and feelings about math at the start of the year by having them complete this two-page questionnaire.
Included questions are:
1. What topics did you learn about last year in math?
2. What was your favorite part about math last year? Why?
3. Do you like math class? Why or why not?
4. What is one thing about math that can be difficult for you? Why?
5. This year, our focus will be on __________________________.
What do you already know about this topic? Share what you know in the box below. You can share facts, words, or anything
that comes to mind about the topic above.
6. What are some things you hope that we will do in math class this year? Are there any special projects or activities you might like to do?
7. As your teacher, what I can do to help you be successful in math class?
Please view the thumbnails to see the sample pages.
Please note: This questionnaire comes in other versions as well:
Science Questionnaire (Back to School)
Social Studies Questionnaire (Back to School)