Teach students how to conduct a math research project by designing a research question, collecting data, organizing their results into tables and graps and drawing a conclusion.
This unit includes:
- Cover page for unit
- Lesson plans in 5 E format.
- Sample list of research questions for an entire class
- Tally sheet for students to collect responses
- Table rough draft to organize data
- Final copy sheets (posted in picture) to present the research project
- Critique sheet for students to critique presentations of research
- Rubric to grade projects
Reinforce math common core practice skills. Utilize math inquiry. Have a culminating project for a data collection or graphing unit. Teach the cross over between reading, writing, and math. Or have a math fair! My kids love this lesson and so will yours!