This 3rd Grade Math Review & Test Prep resource is an easy-to-use, 120-page slideshow that’ll help guide your instruction and provide a wide variety of test-like math problems to help your learners review important concepts and prepare for the rigors of standardized tests, including the PARCC, the SBAC, and STAAR. Its engaging format is versatile, comprehensive, and easy to navigate, so you can pinpoint the skills your kids need to succeed.
You may choose to work sequentially through the slides, or you may wish to address specific skills with your students, using the clickable table of contents to help you navigate to the standards you’re targeting. A clickable link on each slide jumps to an integrated answer key, providing immediate feedback to learners in a whole group setting. Optional student answer sheets are included, as well.
I like to directly teach test-taking skills and introduce kids to the test format so that they can focus on content, not new question formats, during the test. With this in mind, I’ve included four additional mini-slideshows, with the slides organized by question format: multiple choice, multiple-correct multiple choice, Part A/Part B, and Fill-in-the-Blank.
This resource includes:
• 120-page 3rd Grade Math Test Prep slideshow with integrated, clickable answer key
• Coordinating Student Answer Sheets
• Printable Quick-Reference Answer Key
• Four mini-slideshows, organized by question type
• User Guide/Resource Overview
Suggestions for use:
• Use one slide per day as a bell-ringer/morning work; review key concepts and discuss strategies
• Devote one session per week to test prep and review, working sequentially through the slides
• Use the files organized by question type to directly teach test-taking strategies and “break apart” complex question structures (especially those tricky “Part A/Part B” questions!)
• Divide into teams and play a fun review game (materials and directions for game play included)
• Use as an end-of-year math review
• Use in centers, whole group, or for small group intervention/remediation
This slideshow has been saved as an interactive, clickable PDF. To use, simply project it onto your whiteboard, screen, or SMARTBoard and click/scroll to advance through the pages!
Please see the PREVIEW above for a closer look!