-Designed for 3 rotations per day (ideally after you teach a lesson or have whole group time).
-Students will either be working with you in a small group or doing 1 of 5 other activities.
-Math “Daily 5” (my version, adapted from the Reading Daily 5):
1. Independent Practice - Students should work on independent problem solving, learning to persevere on their own and figure out their own solutions
2. Flash Cards - Automaticity with facts is extremely important! It will facilitate students grasping future concepts easier
3. Math Game - Allow students to have some fun while learning. Practicing math in fun contexts can take the stress off and they are more apt to try!
4. White Boards - Students can work in pairs and quiz each other on the concept you are working on
5. Technology - Integrating technology can be very useful if your school has it! I use IXL for my students because it helps teach them about the right answer and how to find it.
-Works with 5 student groups (labeled for low group, high group, and 3 middle groups).
-Able to change any of my “Daily 5” with what best suits your students and classroom.
-PowerPoints include transitions that change on a timer so that you can adhere to your schedule and a drum roll so that students know when it is time to rotate.
-Rotation 1 is 16 mins long, Rotation 2 and 3 are 18 mins long to facilitate students cleaning up and moving to next station.
-Schedule designed so that you will see each group several times throughout the week, allowing you to cover whatever skills are needed for the small group you are seeing:
Low group - 4 times
Middle 1 - 3 times
Middle 2 - 3 times
Middle 3 - 2 times
High Group - 2 times
-Product contains the following:
1 PDF master schedule for the week
5 PowerPoint presentations (1 for each day)