Favorite Plant Life Cycle Stage ~ Math and Science Mini-Book:
Collecting Data in a Survey and Recording it in a Tally Chart
~ Identifying Critical Information (Element 6)
~ Elaborating on New Information (Element 11)
~ Recording and Representing Knowledge (Element 12)
No prep needed. Everything is done for you and ready to go. Just print off the copies you need.
~ word bank
~ answer keys
~ close activity
~ sentence stem activity
~ ready-to-use tally chart
Learning Goals Aligned with Common Core standards
• MA.2.MD.4.10 Draw a picture graph and a bar graph (with single-unit scale) to represent a data set with up to four categories. Solve simple put-together, take-apart, and compare problems using information presented in a bar graph.
• SC.2.L.16.1 Observe and describe major stages in the life cycles of plants and animals, including beans and butterflies.
This thirteen page personalized mini-book comes with a:
~ two close activities for identifying critical information
~ general inferential and elaborative interrogation questions for elaborating on new information
~ a sentence stem activity for elaborating on new information
~ a ready-to-go tally chart for your students to use to survey their classmates on their favorite stage of the life cycle of a plant
Perfect for integrating science and math and helping your students build a strong foundation for representing and interpreting data.
With this reading activity they will identify the critical content of collecting da-ta in a survey and recording it in a tally chart and being able to interpret that data with empirical evidence and making inferences.
Highly effective for teacher observations:
• Element 6 Close Activity (Helping Students Identify Critical Information) ~ *answer key provided
• Element 12 Blank Tally Chart (Helping Students Record and Represent Knowledge) ~ *answer key provided
• Element 11 General and Elaborative Questions (Helping Students Elabo-rate on New Information) ~ *answer key provided
• Go Math! Lesson 10.1 ~ Collect Data
• Science Fusion Lesson ~ Unit 9 Lesson 3 ~ What are Some Plant Life Cy-cles?
Can also be used in reading as it is aligned with Common Core standard: LAFS.2.RI.3.7
• Explain how specific images (e.g., a chart showing data collected) contrib-ute to a text.
• Explain how specific images (e.g., a chart showing data collected) clarify a text