Sorts are great for so many activities!
- Cut, sort, and paste them
- Sort in centers
- Glue in interactive notebooks
- Use as a practice worksheet
- Ticket out the door
- Keep fast finishers engaged
- Pair them with a game like Tic Tac Toe or Connect 4
This set of 25 division problems can be sorted into how to interpret the remainder.
Students should decide to add 1 to the quotient, ignore the remainder, share the remainder, recognize the remainder is the answer, or figure out how many more will turn the remainder into another whole.
Each worksheet has one of each of these examples to help students identify similarities and differences between these types of problems. You can differentiate by eliminating certain problems or stretching the activity out over a week by completing a problem a day.