These math centers are engaging, interactive activities that encourage math talk. Students explain how they sort their cards and build strong math concepts as they create cards of their own.
* 4th Grade Math Standards Covered *
Sort 1: Benchmark Fractions
Sort 2: Equivalent Fractions
Sort 3: Equivalent Fractions
Sort 4: Equivalent Fractions
Sort 5: Compare Fractions
Sort 6: Compare Fractions
Sort 7: Add & Subtract Fractions
Sort 8: Add & Subtract Fractions Greater than 1
Sort 9: Add & Subtract Fractions Greater than 1
Sort 10: Word Problems: Add & Subtract Fractions
Sort 11: Model - Multiply Fractions
Sort 12: Model - Multiply Fractions
Sort 13: Word Problems - Multiply Fractions
Sort 14: Decimals: Word Form & Fraction
Sort 15: Model Decimals
Sort 16: Decimals - Add Fractions
Sort 17: Decimals - Add Fractions - True/False
Sort 18: Decimals: Fraction & Number Line Model
Sort 19: Decimals: Word Form & Expanded Form
Sort 20: Compare Decimals
Sort 21: Compare Decimals
Sort 22: True/False - Compare Decimals
- Math Sorts Binder
- Pages that list all math sorts, standard, topic, and small group lesson plan page for notes
- Dividers for Notebook
- Students use these dividers to keep track of when they complete each math sort. The learning goals are also on each divider.
- Answer Key Included
There are 2 versions for each sort, so you can differentiate as needed. Version 1 is more challenging, because the category names are not given. Version 2 gives the category names.
Ways to Use this Resource
- Start your math workshop with math sorts and help your students build math fluency
- Add to a math center for students to complete independently. Have students discuss with a partner how they organized their cards.
- Send home as a homework activity
- Quick assessment
Click 'Preview" for more information and two free sorts.
to view a Blog Post
about how I use math sorts in my classroom.
More 4th Grade Math Sorts
Purchase the BUNDLE and Save!
> > Click Here to View the Bundle
- Set 1: Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- 14 sorts
- Set 2: Number & Operations in Base 10
- 24 Sorts
- Set 3: Fractions
- 22 Sorts
- Set 4: Measurement & Data
- 22 Sorts
- Set 5: Geometry
- 9 Sorts
Please email me at:firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in....
MORE MATH SORTS
3rd Grade Math Sorts
- All Standards
2nd Grade Math Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS
3rd Grade - Written Response Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS
4th Grade - Written Response Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS
5th Grade - Written Response Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS