These math centers are engaging, interactive activities that encourage math talk. Students explain how they sort their cards and build strong math concepts as they create cards of their own.
* 4th Grade Math Standards Covered *
Sort 1: Line, Angle, Line Segment, Ray
Sort 2: Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
Sort 3: Acute, Right, and Obtuse Angles
Sort 4: Acute, Right, and Obtuse Angles
Sort 5: Quadrilaterals
Sort 6: Rectangles
Sort 7: Acute, Right, and Obtuse Triangles
Sort 8: Line of Symmetry
Sort 9: Line of Symmetry
- Math Sorts Binder
- Pages that list all math sorts, standard, topic, and small group lesson plan page for notes
- Dividers for Notebook
- Students use these dividers to keep track of when they complete each math sort. The learning goals are also on each divider.
There are 2 versions for each sort, so you can differentiate as needed. Version 1 is more challenging, because the category names are not given. Version 2 gives the category names.
Ways to Use this Resource
- Start your math workshop with math sorts and help your students build math fluency
- Add to a math center for students to complete independently. Have students discuss with a partner how they organized their cards.
- Send home as a homework activity
- Quick assessment
to view a Blog Post
about how I use math sorts in my classroom.
More 4th Grade Math Sorts
Purchase the BUNDLE and Save!
> > Click Here to View the Bundle
- Set 1: Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- 14 sorts
- Set 2: Number & Operations in Base 10
- 24 Sorts
- Set 3: Fractions
- 22 Sorts
- Set 4: Measurement & Data
- 22 Sorts
- Set 5: Geometry
- 9 Sorts
Please email me at:email@example.com
You may also be interested in....
MORE MATH SORTS
3rd Grade Math Sorts
- All Standards
2nd Grade Math Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS
3rd Grade - Written Response Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS
4th Grade - Written Response Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS
5th Grade - Written Response Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS