These math centers are engaging, interactive activities that encourage math talk. Students explain how they sort their cards and build strong math concepts as they create cards of their own.
* 4th Grade Math Standards Covered *
Sort 1: Feet to Inches, Yards to Feet
Sort 2: Miles to Feet, Miles to Yards
Sort 3: Cups to Fluid Ounces, Pints to Cups
Sort 4: Quarts to Pints, Gallons to Quarts
Sort 5: Tons to Ounces, Tons to Pounds
Sort 6: Meters to Centimeters, Meters to millimeters
Sort 7: Kilometers to Meters, Liters to Milliters
Sort 8: Compare Measurements
Sort 9: Compare Measurements
Sort 10: Word Problems
Sort 11: Area/Perimeter
Sort 12: Area/Perimeter
Sort 13: Area
Sort 14: Perimeter Word Problems
Sort 15: Area Word Problems
Sort 16: Line Plots - Add & Subtract Fractions
Sort 17: Line Plots - Add & Subtract Fractions
Sort 18: Angles Greater Than or Less Than 90 degrees
Sort 19: Acute, Obtuse, or Reflex Angles
Sort 20: Measure Angles
Sort 21: Draw Angles
Sort 22: True/False - Add/Subtract: Angles
- Math Sorts Binder
- Pages that list all math sorts, standard, topic, and small group lesson plan page for notes
- Dividers for Notebook
- Students use these dividers to keep track of when they complete each math sort. The learning goals are also on each divider.
- Answer Key Included
There are 2 versions for each sort, so you can differentiate as needed. Version 1 is more challenging, because the category names are not given. Version 2 gives the category names.
Ways to Use this Resource
- Start your math workshop with math sorts and help your students build math fluency
- Add to a math center for students to complete independently. Have students discuss with a partner how they organized their cards.
- Send home as a homework activity
- Quick assessment
Click 'Preview" for more information and two free sorts.
to view a Blog Post
about how I use math sorts in my classroom.
More 4th Grade Math Sorts
Purchase the BUNDLE and Save!
> > Click Here to View the Bundle
- Set 1: Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- 14 sorts
- Set 2: Number & Operations in Base 10
- 24 Sorts
- Set 3: Fractions
- 22 Sorts
- Set 4: Measurement & Data
- 22 Sorts
- Set 5: Geometry
- 9 Sorts
Please email me at:email@example.com
You may also be interested in....
MORE MATH SORTS
3rd Grade Math Sorts
- All Standards
2nd Grade Math Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS
3rd Grade - Written Response Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS
4th Grade - Written Response Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS
5th Grade - Written Response Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS