These math centers are engaging, interactive activities that encourage math talk. Students explain how they sort their cards and build strong math concepts as they create cards of their own.
* 4th Grade Math Standards Covered *
Sort 1: Array, Multiplication Equation, Multiplicative Comparison
Sort 2: Equal Groups, Multiplication Equation, Multiplicative Comparison
Sort 3: Equal Groups, Equation, Multiplicative Comparison
Sort 4: Unknown Product, Group Size Unknown, Related Division Equation
Sort 5: Word Problem, Equation, Drawing
Sort 6: Unknown Product, Group Size Unknown, Related Division Equation
Sort 7: Multi-Step Word Problem, One-Step Word Problem
Sort 8: Multi-Step Equation, One-Step Equation
Sort 9: Problems with Remainders, Problems without Remainders
Sort 10: Prime Numbers, Composite Numbers
Sort 11: Prime Numbers, Composite Numbers
Sort 12: Patterns
Sort 13: Patterns
Sort 14: Patterns
- Math Sorts Binder
- Pages that list all math sorts, standard, topic, and small group lesson plan page for notes
- Dividers for Notebook
- Students use these dividers to keep track of when they complete each math sort. The learning goals are also on each divider.
- Answer Key Included
There are 2 versions for each sort, so you can differentiate as needed. Version 1 is more challenging, because the category names are not given. Version 2 gives the category names.
Ways to Use this Resource
- Start your math workshop with math sorts and help your students build math fluency
- Add to a math center for students to complete independently. Have students discuss with a partner how they organized their cards.
- Send home as a homework activity
- Quick assessment
Click 'Preview" for more information and two free sorts.
to view a Blog Post
about how I use math sorts in my classroom.
More 4th Grade Math Sorts
Purchase the BUNDLE and Save!
> > Click Here to View the Bundle
- Set 1: Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- 14 sorts
- Set 2: Number & Operations in Base 10
- 24 Sorts
- Set 3: Fractions
- 22 Sorts
- Set 4: Measurement & Data
- 22 Sorts
- Set 5: Geometry
- 9 Sorts
Please email me at:email@example.com
You may also be interested in....
MORE MATH SORTS
3rd Grade Math Sorts
- All Standards
2nd Grade Math Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS
3rd Grade - Written Response Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS
4th Grade - Written Response Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS
5th Grade - Written Response Tri-Folds - ALL STANDARDS