These pages help to establish foundational knowledge of the tens facts needed for addition and subtraction. This basic knowledge is crucial in other areas of math as well. However, this resource focuses on the tens facts and how they are used to compute sums and differences that equal 10, are higher than 10, and the relationships between the addition and subtraction facts of ten.
Inside this package you will find:
- fact family work for sums to/differences from 10
- task cards and manipulatives for making number bonds (sums to 10)
- 30 word problems for subtraction from 10
- ten frames for adding to 10 and up to 19
- worksheet pages for addition and subtraction (sums to 10/differences from 10)
-worksheet pages for sums over 10
- step by step instructions on how to use the 10 facts to assist in adding higher numbers
- answer recording sheets
The task cards are meant to be used in centers, stations, or small groups.
All others can easily be adapted to large and small group situations.