These are 6 different kinds of 5-minute warm-ups that will get your students’ little minds ready for math. I have created 10 of each kind especially for you. While I have provided only 60 stretches, students can reproduce them independently once they know how to set up each kind of problem. This way you can easily make new stretches without having to print anything! I have designed these stretches so that there are at least 2 per page. You can cut them in half or thirds to save paper. Below are the descriptions and instructions for each kind of stretch.
1. Fill in the Missing Numbers: Students use a number line or count to fill in the numbers that are missing.
2. Show the Number: Students fill in the five-frame or ten-frame with the appropriate number of dots.
3. One More, One Less: Students use a number line, count or add and subtract to find the number that is one less and one more than the one in the middle.
4. Finish the Shape: Students draw lines to make two unfinished shapes the same as the first shape.
5. Draw the Story: Students draw pictures (toys, balloons, pencils, etc.) in the empty box number sentence to match the given number sentence.
6. Need More, Need Less: Students draw pictures or cross out pictures to match the given number.
Happy Math Teaching!