How to Study in Math Class: 1 page visual "doodle note" plus learning stations to practice the new study skills and tips!
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- mind maps for big ideas
- vocabulary connections with root words
- how to memorize formulas
- how to do practice problems
- tips and tricks for studying and creating study tools for math
Introduce the concepts with the doodle note page (2 versions included with different levels of guidance), and then split your class into groups for the 5 stations! They will immediately apply the new study skills to their own notes and current lessons to practice!
Check out the preview for more detail.
If you are looking for study skills packs for other subject areas, these sets are designed to integrate nicely:
--- ELA Study Skills
- How to Study for a Test in English Language Arts – Doodle Notes and Learning Stations
--- Science Study Skills
- How to Study for a Test in Science– Doodle Notes and Learning Stations
--- Social Studies Study Skills
- How to Study for a Test in Social Studies – Doodle Notes and Learning Stations