Also included in
- Do you feel lost planning first grade math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your math instruction, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you! WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?Many teachers and districts are wanti$159.95$256.25Save $96.30
- Do you feel lost planning second grade math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your math instruction, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you! WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?Many teachers and districts are want$149.00$213.25Save $64.25
- Young learners make sense of their math world and numbers by talking about it! Number Talks give your kids ways to talk purposefully about numbers, addition, subtraction, fact families, true/false equations, shapes, linear measurement and data/graphs. In this large bundle you will find ALL of my m$45.00$57.50Save $12.50
This is an in depth professional development video of a model lesson and notation for a dot image math talk for kindergarten and first grade. I will also walk you through step-by-step of my planning routine for this dot image math talk.
THIS VIDEO IS LICENSED FOR 1-5 TEACHERS TO VIEW. If more than 5 teachers/administrators will view this video, please use the multiple license option. If you need a school or district license, please email me at email@example.com and I will set you up a special license for that! :)
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS FOR THIS PD VIDEO
1. How do I plan for a dot image math talk?
2. What does this lesson look like in kindergarten?
3. What does this lesson look like in first grade?
IN THIS VIDEO YOU WILL SEE...
1:13 How do I plan for a dot image math talk?
2:15 Planning Document example
2:44 Setting Goals for the dot image math talk
3:28 Anticipating math strategies for the dot images
6:10 Planning for guiding questions
8:03 What does this lesson look like in kindergarten?
11:34 Counting all strategy and notation
12:45 Commutative property strategy and notation
14:51 Counting on strategy and notation
18:04 What does this lesson look like in first grade?
19:07 Subitizing in multiple groups and notation
23:56 Counting by 2's strategy and addition and multiplication notation
27:36 Reflecting on the lesson
28:25 In the Supporting Document
INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOADABLE SUPPORTING DOCUMENT
• Math Talks Planning Page blank template (2 versions...more ink and less ink)
• Math Talks Planning Page for this specific dot image
• Slides used in the video
• Note taker for taking notes or notating along with the video
• Discussion question slides for discussing after the video
• Discussion question handout for answering questions individually
• Links to related resources
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2019, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!