Also included in
- Do you feel lost planning first grade math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your math instruction, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you! WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?Many teachers and districts are wanti$159.95$256.25Save $96.30
- Do you feel lost planning second grade math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your math instruction, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you! WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?Many teachers and districts are want$149.00$213.25Save $64.25
- Young learners make sense of their math world and numbers by talking about it! Number Talks give your kids ways to talk purposefully about numbers, addition, subtraction, fact families, true/false equations, shapes, linear measurement and data/graphs. In this large bundle you will find ALL of my m$45.00$57.50Save $12.50
This is an in depth, 35 minute professional development video of a model lesson and notation for a ten frame number sense math talk for kindergarten and first grade. I will also walk you through step-by-step of my planning routine for this math talk.
THIS VIDEO IS LICENSED FOR 1-5 TEACHERS TO VIEW. If more than 5 teachers/administrators will view this video, please use the multiple license option. If you need a school or district license, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will set you up a special license for that! :)
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS IN THIS PD VIDEO
1. How do I plan for a dot image math talk?
2. What does this lesson look like in kindergarten?
3. What does this lesson look like in first grade?
IN THIS VIDEO YOU WILL SEE...
1:41 How do I plan for a ten frame math talk?
9:58 What does it look like in kindergarten?
11:06 Counting all strategy
13:43 Counting on strategy
17:54 What does it look like in first grade?
19:06 Making a ten with (8 + 2) + 2
21:25 Finding the hidden 10 in equations using parentheses
24:10 Making a ten with (4 + 6) + 2
25:25 Why is making a ten useful?
26:51 Notating kid strategies
32:13 Reflections and next steps
32:40 Related Resources
34:00 In the Supporting Document…
INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOADABLE SUPPORTING DOCUMENT
• Math Talks Planning Page blank template (2 versions...more ink and less ink)
• Math Talks Planning Page for this specific ten frame
• ten frame templates
• Slides used in the video
• Note taker for taking notes or notating along with the video
• Discussion question slides for discussing after the video
• Discussion question handout for answering questions individually
• Links to related resources
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2019, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!