Math Tile WORD FORM Place Value Game BUNDLE
Please see the Preview for this and the Super Bundle.
This WORD FORM bundle includes the three, four and five digit games sold separately. If any more games are added, the price will increase, but you may download again without additional cost.
These boards are similar to the number tile games seen in Marcy Cook and Envision Math series. I needed more variety for larger classes, and more practice on a single skill, so I created them for my own class.
Students must use critical thinking skills to use math tiles 0-9 exactly once. A printable page with digit squares is included, but I prefer the durable number tiles by Eureka.
Each Math Tile Game Includes
1. 32 Boards in full color
2. 32 Print friendly boards
3. 32 Answer pages
4. Condensed teacher Answers
5. Student Response pages
6. Printable Tiles
7. Management Hints
Model with Think Aloud – These games are deceptively harder than they appear! When modeling a board, I use strong math vocabulary and explain my reasoning out loud. I model an incorrect answer and how to fix parts without having to start over again. Depending on the class, I model correct attitudes and words for partner support.
Differentiation - Each set of boards has unique graphic themes. So several sets can be active in a class at once.
Centers & Homework - Use the numbered response sheet to work on one set of boards for several days. Print 4 print-friendly boards to a page to include in center folders or homework.
Scoot variations -
• Pair Scoot – Pairs of students scoot together, practicing discussing math together as they reason about the answers.
• Silent Scoot - To use these boards as an assessment, have each student move silently to the next board.
• Teacher Stays Scoot - The lowest half of the class acts as ‘Teachers’ and must stay in their seat to teach their new partner. Teachers become experts in two boards, and have to use math vocabulary to support their peers who go to all the boards.
• Random Scoot – Pairs may move to a new table whenever they finish, with a limit of 6 students at a table (2 standing). I give a goal of 20 boards to be finished in a set amount of time. Those students who excel to finish 32 are given the answer key and asked to check their work, then help others.
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Math Tiles Place Value Games Super-BUNDLE which includes:
– I made these over the summer for my 2nd-5th grade after school Math Game class. They were not able to do the more difficult boards, so I asked a fourth-grade class to do Quality Assurance. They found small errors and typos (not bad for 1,000+ pages of product). Those have all been fixed.
The price is currently $5.00 per set. When I’m certain there are no more hidden surprises the price will go to $6.50 a set (about 20 cents per board).
2/17 - Fixed typos on 3-digit boards 14, 16, and 27
3/11/17 made cosmetic changes
1/23/18 Thanks to feedback, I added a 'how to' page. I also fixed the way the title appears when opened in PDF.
9/21/18 I added a condensed student response and answer key. I also made the answers an easier font on full page answers.
Many thanks to these creative talents:
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley!
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.