Math tiles are a hands-on activity that takes students’ thinking beyond procedures and rote memorization. This engaging resource activates critical thinking and problem solving skills, all while developing algebraic thinking. Students must arrange 10 number tiles (0-9) on the various Time to Tile cards in order to correctly complete the mathematical tasks.
This resource includes:
• 10 different Time to Tile cards in color and black & white.
- Equivalent Fractions
- Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Equivalent Decimals and Fractions
- Order of Operations
- Balancing Equations
- Function Tables
- Area and Perimeter
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multi-Digit Multiplication
- Long Division
• An “Answer Recording Sheet,” where students can record their answers so they can be corrected later. This allows the resource to be used as a perfect independent or center activity.
• Answer keys
• Management and organization tips for successfully implementing Time to Tile in your classroom.
Want even more Math Tiles? Check out my Hands-on Math: Build Your Own Bundle!
Purchase a Class Set of Number Tiles Here!
More Time to Tile resources:
Time to Tile: Equivalent Fractions
Time to Tile: Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions
Time to Tile: Balancing Equations
Time to Tile: Order of Operations
Time to Tile: Adding and Subtracting
Time to Tile: Multi-Digit Multiplication
Time to Tile: Function Tables
Time to Tile: Long Division