Help students take ownership of their learning with math toolboxes! Math toolboxes are little toolkits filled with reference materials for students to use as they complete their work. They are perfect for encouraging independent learning or sending home with students who need some extra support at home.
This resource includes 30 reference guides covering standards from kindergarten through 6th grade math. Simply choose which reference materials you wish to include and use only those pages. If you change grade levels or teach multiple grades, you won't need to purchase a new product - everything you need is already right here!
Designed for the IRIS USA 5x7 or 4x6 photo boxes, but can be stored elsewhere. Simply print, laminate, and cut out the materials you need, throw them in your toolbox, and you're ready to go! Please read instructions before using so you know how to prep them correctly.
Elementary math toolboxes include:
- Labels for each toolbox
- 10 frame
- DIY rekenrek template + instructions
- 120 chart
- Multiplication chart (10x10)
- Multiplication chart (15x15)
- Number words
- Number bonds (2 parts and 3 parts included)*
- Tape diagrams (2 parts and 3 parts included)*
- Addition regrouping mats (up to 3 digits - 2 versions included)*
- Subtraction regrouping mat (up to 3 digits)*
- Place value chart (through 1000)
- Place value chart (through 100,000)
- Place value chart (100,000 with decimals through thousandths)
- Number lines 0-10
- Number line 0-20
- Open number line
- Coin guide (pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and half dollars) - CANADIAN VERSION INCLUDED (penny, nickel, dime, quarter, loonie, and toonie)
- Time reference
- Blank clock
- Metric and standard measurement conversions for length
- Metric and standard measurement conversions for length, weight, and volume - METRIC ONLY VERSION INCLUDED (with Canadian/French spellings)
- 2D shapes chart with attributes
- Quadrilaterals chart with attributes
- 3D shapes guide
- Fractions guide (halves, thirds, and fourths)
- Fractions guide (whole through eighths)
- Fraction bars (through twelfths)
- Order of operations (PEMDAS & GEMDAS)
- Geometric formulas for perimeter, area, and length
* These items have recently been added and are not currently shown in the preview or thumbnails.
For more information about math toolboxes and how to set them up, please check out this blog post. If there is something else you feel this resource is missing and would like to see added, please email me at email@example.com and let me know!
Like this resource? Don't forget to leave feedback to receive credit toward future purchases! Make sure to follow my store, and find me on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date with the latest resources and for more helpful teacher tips!