This resource is a collection of math vocabulary manipulatives that I have used in my third grade classroom. When students practicing math vocabulary use these manipulatives repeatedly, they learn the ideas easily and quickly! These manipulatives may be used for individuals, in centers, or for whole group instruction. I would suggest putting each activity in a plastic sleeve, putting the activity mat on the front and the answer key in the back. Keep the cut out pieces in the sleeve.
Included in this resource:
• Math vocabulary to help students understand which common terms go with which operation. (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
• Math vocabulary manipulatives to teach the names of the numbers in the algorithms for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Geometry vocabulary manipulatives including polygons and polyhedrons
• Place value vocabulary manipulatives (to 100 trillion)
• Thermometer vocabulary manipulative
• Ruler vocabulary manipulative
• Clock vocabulary manipulative
• Money vocabulary manipulative
• Fraction vocabulary manipulative
Check out the preview to see examples of some of the math vocabulary manipulatives.
Other math resources:
Mighty Math Daily 4 for Grades 1 and 2
Mighty Math Daily 4 for Grades 3 and 4
Math Self Checking Addition Task Cards