Also included in
- These 10 sets of task cards are a great way to try a variety of different task cards presented in several different formats. You are likely to find it useful if: -You have never used task cards, but would like to try-You have switched grade levels from primary to upper elementary (grades 3-5)-You wo$23.56$33.56Save $10.00
- Here are 12 sets of math task cards (448 cards) just for third grade! Skill covered include solving story problems, place value, rounding, telling time, money math, equations, and more. There is also a challenging set specifically for test prep. Perfect for centers, games, and review. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~$32.16$42.16Save $10.00
- This money-saving bundle of 8 math word problem task cards sets (256 cards total) will really challenge your students. Each card features a different math story problem. Sets are targeted for specific standards and skills as indicated by title. All sets include challenge cards, student answer sheets$20.31$25.31Save $5.00
Each of these 32 Math Challenge Task Cards has a different multi-step math story problem. Students will need to use all four operations as they solve the problems. There are also some cards that involve money, measurement, or elapsed time.
***********There is also a digital version using TpT's Easel tool (added August 2020). After purchase, click the red Easel button. This will give you access to a version with a highlight tool for students to highlight clues in the text and answer boxes where students can type their answers You can edit the digital overlay or use it as is.***********
A student Answer Sheet is included, as well as an Answer Key so students can check their work. You may want to have students show their work on notebook paper and staple their papers to the Answer Sheet. Alternatively, you can use the included half-page Answer Sheet which has enough space for students to show their work for an individual card. In addition, you will find a Challenge Card that can be used with any other card in the set. This card asks students to come up with an expression (an equation) that can be used to solve the problem featured on their card.
Contents of this set include:
- Directions and Suggestion
- 32 Task Cards - Color
- 32 Task Cards - Black Line
- Challenge Card and Cover Card
- 2 Student Answer Sheet Options
- Answer Key
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.D.8 Solve two-step word problems using the four operations. Represent these problems using equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity. Assess the reasonableness of answers using mental computation and estimation strategies including rounding
CCSS.Math.Content.4.OA.A.3 Solve multistep word problems posed with whole numbers and having whole-number answers using the four operations, including problems in which remainders must be interpreted. Represent these problems using equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity. Assess the reasonableness of answers using mental computation and estimation strategies including rounding.
Also available in a money-saving Math Word Problem Task Card Bundle.
You may also want these more rigorous Math Word Problem Task Cards for grades 4-5.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom