The concepts of tax, a sale, and how things are priced can be difficult to master. This no-prep packet is full of everything you need to guide your students through the world of tax, and money-based operations.
Help students to imagine that they are shopping at the store with this engaging no prep mini unit.
This pack to practice adding tax and working with sale prices. It can be used as step-by-step lesson plan by guiding students through the various parts of the pack in a guided-practice format. Or, print all student worksheets in a booklet, and use this for early finishers or students who need a challenge!
All activities are Print-and-Go
, and are perfect for an elementary level.
● Tax Poster – What is tax? What mathematical operation do we use with it?
● Sale Poster – What is a sale? How is it calculated?
● Student Practice Page – Work together to define “Sale” and “Tax”. Then, work together to solve a basic math problem for each.
● 2 “Find the Total Price” Worksheets – locate the item, and calculate the price including tax
● 1 Worksheet, Adding Tax, Word Problems
● 2 “What is the Sale Price” Worksheets – locate the item, and calculate the new price after a sale
● 1 Worksheet, Sale Price Word Problems
Practice Pages - Mixed
●1 Reference Page (Available in Color and B&W) – A corner store with its own taxes, and specific sale items! This page will be used as a reference point for the next four pages of practice.
●Scaffolded practice pages. These pages get gradually more difficult as students combine sale items with adding tax.
● An answer key for all student worksheets! Marking is a snap!
Check out these great Print-and-Go
Math products to make learning (and preparing) math lessons a snap!
★Math Task Cards - Multiplying By Tens
– Multiply one-digit numbers by multiplies of ten (i.e. 6 x 30) CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.NBT.A.3
★Math Task Cards - Multiplication Pictures
- Interpret a set of objects as a multiplication sentence, and draw a picture from a given multiplication equation. - CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.OA.A.1
★Rounding to Tens and Hundreds
★Fraction Task Card Set ONE - Identifying Fractions
★No Prep Fraction Lessons
Did you know that you can earn credits ($) to use on future purchases just by leaving a rating and a short review ✍ of this, and any, product on TpT?
Just start at "My TpT" at the top of the page and then click..."
- My Purchases
- Leave Feedback
Many thanks! Feedback helps me to grow as a seller, and is so appreciated. ☺❤