As students in the common core standards are learning to compose and decompose numbers in primary grades, teachers should use a thoughtful progression of representation that will lead to bar models in later grades. Students need to start with what is most concrete and move toward more abstract representations as they learn early math concepts. This set of 8 work mats (One idea for a student-made mat and 7 following mats) progresses students from number bonds, to part/part/whole, to three addends and incorporates labeling along the way. This set is perfect for Kindergarten through 2nd grade teachers, Special Ed teachers, and interventionists! *With a poster maker, can also be used to make teacher modeling posters.
Included: 8 different work mats to use with manipulatives
Be sure to rate this product and provide feedback to earn TpT credits good toward the purchase of future products!
You may also like:
• HUGE BUNDLE of 120 Math Journals with Number Bonds: Kindergarten & 1st Grade.
• Kinder Math Game Collection with Game Cards
• Fact Fluency Games Tool Kit: Addition & Subtraction Facts!
• 1st Grade Compare Word Problems - A Graphic Oranizer that Actually Works!
• 1st Grade Word Problems - Show It 3 Ways!