150+ pages, 28 differentiated math lessons that incorporate social studies, science, and writing. These are great for early finishers, fun homework, and reinforcing content across disciplines. Students will love working on these activities and guessing what their secret subject is, revealing clues and facts by answering math problems. The secret subject content has been chosen specifically for 5th grade. After completing their math worksheets, students use another worksheet to practice their writing skills with an informational paragraph on their subject using the facts they have learned.
GET THIS BUNDLE FOR A FRACTION OF THE PRICE WHEN PURCHASED IN MY GROWING BUNDLE HERE
5th Grade Mega Bundle!
Sample questions (from Desert Southwest Indians):
"What did they eat back then?"
801 ÷ 7=
113 R 4= T-Rex
114 R 3= mammoths
Includes the following worksheets:
Part of a Group
1. The Civil Rights Movement -Multiply Fractions and Whole Numbers
2. The Biosphere- Multiply Fractions and Fractions
3. Amelia Earhart- Multiply Mixed Numbers
4. Jamestown- Multiply Mixed Numbers
5. Producers (Science) -Division of Fractions
6. Dredd Scott -Division of Mixed Numbers
7. Rosa Parks- Division of Mixed Numbers
8. The Bill of Rights -Multiply and Divide Fractions
9. Pacific Northwest Indians - Multiply and Divide Mixed Numbers
10. Gettysburg- Multiply and Divide Mixed Numbers
1. Desert Southwest Indians- Dividing Whole Numbers
2. The Constitution- Dividing Whole Numbers
3. The Sun- Dividing Whole Numbers
4. The Oregon Trail- Dividing Whole Numbers
5. Martin Luther King Jr- Dividing Whole Numbers Multiple Step Enrichment
6. Geosphere- Dividing With Two Digit Divisors
7. Jane Goodall- Dividing With Two Digit Divisors
8. Malala- Dividing With Two Digit Divisors
9. J.K.Rowling/Harry Potter- Dividing With Two Digit Divisors
10. New England Colonies/Multiple Step Enrichment Dividing With Two Digit Divisors
1. Place Value, Exponents, Powers of Ten - Christmas
2. Add and subtract decimals- Hanukkah
3. Multiply and divide decimals- Reindeer
4. Divide Whole Numbers -The North Pole
5. Add and subtract fractions- The Nutcracker
6. Multiply Mixed Numbers -Charles Dickens
7. Multiply and Divide Fractions- Kwanzaa
8. Multiply and Divide Decimals- Diwali
Each subject comes with it's own:
Teacher answer key
Informational paragraph writing and writing checklist
Looking for other fun math activities for 5th grade? Try the following links:
Project Based Learning; authentic, multiple step problems for critical thinking. 5th Project Based Learning Bundle
Draw Your Answers Math; a fun drawing activity connected with each math worksheet!
Draw Your Answers Worksheets
Person, Place, or Thing worksheets- integrate social studies, science, and biographies into math!
5th Grade Person, Place, or Thing Math Bundle
Save the most $$$$ with the complete 5th Grade Growing Bundle, including all other bundles and best selling products at a huge discount
5th Grade Mega Bundle!
Follow Kitten Approved Curriculum!
Become a follower of Kitten Approved Curriculum by clicking on the green star to learn when we post new products, have sales, and are offering discounts! New items are posted 50% off for the first 48 hours!
Leave feedback and receive TPT credit!
Build up TPT credit by leaving feedback on our products! Submit feedback at the time of purchase or go to My Purchases for a list of what you have previously purchased. Next to the product title is a Leave Feedback button. Click and leave a rating and comment to receive your credits. Go to TPT Credits to learn how to redeem your credits on future purchases!
I value your feedback! I have spent a lot of time working on these products. Even after creating, writing, researching, and proofreading there still may be a typo or error. Please let me know if you find anything and feel that a correction is needed. Just click on the "Ask a Question" button, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org instead of leaving the negative feedback and I will address any issues.