This file contains 60 math writing prompts. There are prompts for assessing student disposition, prompts for learning logs assessing learning, prompts to use for problem-solving assessing process.
These prompts can be used as tickets out of the door, homework assignments, as an introduction to a new unit. There is not limit to how they can be used.
Here are examples of some of the writing prompts.
1. Was this problem difficult or easy? Why?
2. Were you frustrated with this problem? Why or why not?
3. Compare and contrast the terms ____________.
4. What patterns do you notice in ____________.
5. What questions are still unanswered at the end of this week?
6. Last week in math I learned __________.
7. My favorite part of math last week was __________.
8. When I study for a test, I____________.
9. When it comes to math, I find it difficult to____________.
10. When I hear someone say math is fun, I____________.
11. When I see a word problem, the first thing I do is ____________. Then I ____________.
12. One mathematics activity I really enjoy is ____________ because ____________.
If you purchase this file please feel free to come back to the comments section and tell others how you have used these writing prompts in your classroom.