Integrate math into art class? Why not!
We are working on the use of symmetry with this project for grades 3 and up. Also very interesting for junior high and high school students.
You will need black pencil crayons and lead pencils.
A simple sheet of photocopy paper may serve as a support.
The students work hard to succeed at having perfect symmetry and find it amazing. Be assured that they will succeed at this concept.
-Grade 3 and up
-Junior high and high school
-Painting (if desired)
-White sheet of paper
-Black pencil crayon
-Hard tempera paint (optional)
This document includes:
-A step-by-step description with explanatory photos
-An evaluation rubric
-Sample drawings of dragons to enhance diversity in the creations
Duration: about 4 class periods
Thank you for visiting my store !
I welcome feedback.
Your comments can help me make my resources better for you. In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations).
You can learn more by clicking on the link below:
Click Provide Feedback to earn TpT credits.
Every $1 spent = 1 credit
50 credits = $2.50 off a purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.