Bienvenidos a la tienda de Molly Maestra! Welcome to Molly Maestra's store!
Matemáticas en español/Math in Spanish: Grade 5 Module 1 Lesson 2 includes mathematical fluency activities and problem solving in Spanish aligned with the Common Core standards.
These beginning of the year activities review Common Core Standards from grades past that will be needed for the learning to come. Lesson 2 contains five activities.
1. "Patrones" covers Common Core standards 3.OA.4, 3.OA.5, and 3.OA.6.
2. "Separar las decenas" covers Common Core standard 2.NBT.1.
3. "Sacar diez y cambiar la unidad" covers Common Core standard 4.NBT.1.
4. "Multiplicar y dividir por 10" covers Common Core standard 5.NBT.1.
5. Application problem. This is a number story which requires students to apply some of the same skills practiced in the fluency activities.
This PowerPoint presentation has a table of contents with clickable titles that link you to each activity, so you can pick and choose which ones you have time for or which ones your students need to review.
Students benefit from immediate feedback, and this presentation has it! As students write or call out their solutions, the answers appear for confirmation or correction.
The application problem demonstrates the entire problem solving process using the Read, Draw, Write method. This is especially for students and teachers who are new to the program or looking for reinforcement. The application problem also appears without problem solving hints for experienced teachers and students or students who are looking for challenge.
This material is appropriate for Dual Language or Bilingual Programs.
I have used this in my classroom with the whole class, then small groups of students used the PowerPoints later as extra practice or review before a test. The students were engaged and participating throughout each lesson and while guiding their small group practice - they loved taking turns being the teacher!
This material is translated from the EngageNY (aka Eureka Math) curriculum.