Have some Common Core math fun with counting bears!
**Updated 9/2/13 with activities to make the numbers 2-9.
Most of us have a stash of these counting bear manipulatives in our classrooms. They can be used for so many math concepts in the primary grades. I have put together some ideas to reinforce skills required under the CCSS for grades K-1. This would be a fun review packet for the very beginning of first grade.
I hope you find this packet easy to use and helpful to your students!
And if you do not have a set of color bear manipulatives, a printable set is included in the packet. (Also note, the sorting/tallying/graphing activities include pages for the 4-color bear sets as well as the 6-color sets.)
Here is what is included:
• 2 pages of printable color bear counters if you do not have a set to use
• full page sorting mats for each color
• one-page sorting mats for 4 colors and 6 colors
• recording sheet to write the number of bears for each color
• tally and count sheets for 4 colors or 6 colors
• graphing sheets for 4 or 6 colors
• patterning sheets (3 color, 1 B & W)
• patterning pocket chart station
• addition sheet
• subtraction sheet with x’s to show subtraction
• subtraction sheet without x’s to show subtraction
• make a ten practice sheets
• show #11-19 on ten frames partner activity
• …and more!
• sheets are offered in color and black & white for your printing convenience!
Please download the preview for a closer look at the pages included. (A freebie page is included in the preview!)
**Due to the large amount of graphics, I do recommend printing this packet in sections.