I created this file because I run my mathematics classroom extremely hands on. I wanted the children to have ownership and therefore use their desk mat to help them when working on everyday lessons.
I created this for the children to make the desk mat themselves. This way they can learn as they are making it as they have to fill in the missing parts. When their mat is complete (It will require and A3 piece of card and possibly double sided depending on how small you photocopy the pieces.) you can laminate it for use over the whole year.
The desk mat includes:
- A whole number Place value chart
- A decimal Place value chart
- A blank number line to use with a whiteboard marker.
- A blank calculator to fill in and label.
- A fractions, decimals and percentage chart to complete.
- A 24 hour clock ready to draw in hands with a whiteboard marker.
- A 2D and 3D shapes to label and colour.
- A maths symbol words chart.
- A blank timetables grid.
- Time conversion chart.
- Measurement conversion chart. (metric)
- An angles chart to label.