Mathlympics 2nd Grade Math Test Prep and Review
What educators are saying
Looking for a fun and exciting 2nd grade math review game? This math test prep game is so fun students wont even realize they are learning. "Mathlympics" second grade math review game is the perfect end to your second grade year or start to your third grade year!
What Is Inside the 2nd Grade Math Review Game?
Students will work hard during this math test prep game to answer 10 questions from every strand of content (place value, addition and subtraction to 1000, measurement and data, geometry, money, multiplication, time and assorted word problems to equal 80 questions in total). All answers are multiple choice, which is the perfect 2nd grade math test prep for any standardized test including NWEA. This product is common core aligned to meet second grade standards.
Mathlympics 2nd Grade Math Test Prep and Review Game Table of Contents:
- Teacher Tips
- 2 Mathylmpics Student Directions Pages (one for individuals and one for groups)
- Mathlympic Start Line Poster
- 8 Mathlympic Event Posters with Inspirational Athletic Quotes
- Mathlympic Finish Line Poster
- Gold, Silver, Bronze and Finisher Trophy Printouts - Can be posted on the board, or given to winners - 2 size options included
- 12 Mathlympic "Stretch Break" Posters
- 8 NWEA Multiple Choice Test Prep Pages with 10 Questions each for place value, addition and subtraction to 1000, measurement and data, geometry, money, multiplication, time and assorted word problems to equal 80 questions in total
- 2 Different Math Test Prep Answer Recording Sheets
- Answer Key
How to Play the Mathlympics Math Test Prep Game:
Students will work hard moving from "event" to "event" during this 2nd grade math test prep game, which can be easily interchanged or modified to meet your students' needs. There are built in stretch breaks to get students' blood flowing, and also options for prizes and printable "awards". All event posters include an inspirational quote to keep students motivated.
Math Test Prep Game Set Up Information:
There are teacher tips as well as student tips. This is fairly easy to set up, and is completely managed by the kids once they get started. There is an answer key included, so students can check their own work as they move from event to event, or you can check their work for them.
Mathlympics 2nd Grade Math Review Game TIMELINE:
The Mathlympics 2nd Grade Math Test Prep event can take place over one long math block, or can go throughout multiple days. My students used about 2 days to complete the entire event. However, earlier in the year, it might take a little longer. You can add, alter or omit events as you see fit. (However, this product is NOT editable, you can just simply change out the materials that are provided).
2nd Grade Math Test Prep Game - Individual or Group Work:
Students can work through the 2nd grade math test prep stations individually, in partners or in teams. It is entirely up to you and your management style. I let my students pick, and usually have about half partners and half individual workers.
Follow me on TpT and Instagram to get first access to my resources. Be sure to leave a review to get credits toward FREE future resources.