This comprehensive counting powerpoint will help students in lower primary/elementary grades to become fluent with numbers to 100.
Featuring fun activities which challenge students to apply their knowledge to new situations in order to develop higher order thinking skills.
This warm up includes:
- Counting to 10 initially and then to 100 on a grid (you can select any starting point by simply pointing to the number on the grid)
- Counting forwards and backwards
- Number conservation
- Odd and even numbers
- Skip counting by 2, 5 and 10, initially from 0 and then from different starting points
- Colour coded grids to help students see the number patterns
- Number names to 20
- Matching number names and numerals to 20
Colour coded recite, recall and apply activities to reinforce concepts and develop understanding. Recite - white, recall - orange, apply - blue.
You can hide slides you don't want to use or simply cut and paste into a new powerpoint to suit your class.
Please note: This slide features counting to 5 and 10 with Australin coins - not American currency.
If you enjoy this resource please:
- leave me some feedback
- check out my store for other great resources
- follow me if you would like to know when I post new resources