This pack contains 6 tasks to help develop problem solving and also challenge misconceptions. Very little numeracy skills are needed to perfect for start of term team building. Can be used as a booklet or print A3 for a great carousel in the first few weeks of term.
• Odd One out – there is more than one right answer which some learners find difficult to accept.
• Spot the mistake – 5 problems with mistakes, includes writing money on a calculator, changing units, square M, rounding errors.
• Plan the book club – again can be more than one correct answer, encourages discussion, systematic planning and importance of explaining your answer
• Business cards – reading from a table and interpreting questions
• Water meter – making reasonable assumptions, extracting information
• Hair appointment – working with time, planning answers, drawing time lines