Note: This product is meant to be used after students read the book.
Students solve this puzzle by providing synonyms or antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from MATILDA.
Examples of clues:
* “It was my greatest TRIUMPH.” (ant.) ANSWER: failure
* A strange feeling of SERENITY and confidence was sweeping over her and…she found that she was frightened by nobody…. (ant.) ANSWER: excitement
* She was feeling curiously ELATED. (ant.) ANSWER: sad
* She opened it at RANDOM and placed it on Matilda’s desk. (Without ___; syn.) ANSWER: planning
* Matilda had never before seen a boy…held ALOFT by his ears alone. (3 words; syn.) ANSWER: in the air
A fun way to learn vocabulary!
Note: This puzzle contains the 25 Words to Know from MATILDA edition of Bookmarks Plus.
Matilda edition of Bookmarks Plus—A Very Handy Readiing Aid!
Also, these same 25 words are part of my MATILDA 50-Word Prereading Vocabulary Puzzle. (See list below.)
Use all three to reinforce meaning!
Here are more unique products over MATILDA—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
Here are my unique products.
* Bookmarks Plus: MATILDA—A Very Handy Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* MATILDA: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus!
Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Matilda edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Matilda Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
* MATILDA: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus!
Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
* MATILDA: 21 Chapter Title Cryptograms—Fun and Challenging!
Students decode the chapter titles from the story, with each cryptogram puzzle having its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!