I used this quiz in an honors precalculus course as a way to formatively assess student understanding, but it could be used in an advanced algebra 2 or non-honors precalculus course, too. It is formatted so that each copy provides two quizzes. The quiz covers the following learning targets.
1. Write an augmented matrix for a system of linear equations.
2. Apply row operations on an augmented matrix.
3. Solve a system of linear equations by writing an augmented matrix in row-echelon form.
1. Find the determinant of a 2 x 2 matrix
2. Use Cramer’s Rule to solve systems of 2 equations with 2 variables.
3. Find the determinant of a 3 x 3 matrix.
4. Use Cramer’s Rule to solve systems of 3 equations with 3 variables.