Students will love this ZONK review game! This review game includes multiple choice questions that cover the following basic matrix review problems:
- Scalar Multiplication
- Matrix Addition and Subtraction
- Matrix Multiplication
- Finding Matrix Determinants (of 2x2 and 3x3 matrices)
- Finding Matrix Inverses (of 2x2 matrices)
- Solving Systems of Equations using Cramer's Rule
You will be able to use this interactive powerpoint review game as an entire class activity or as a station activity. The students work together in teams to choose a number on the screen. When the button is clicked, most of the time a question will be revealed. However, if there is a ZONK behind that button, then the team will lose their turn. Even worse, if there is a DOUBLE ZONK, the team will lose points! Suspense fills the room as students wait to see which will be revealed. This is a unique and fun way to review with the entire class!
1. From the home screen, students will choose a number
2. Click on the number and the corresponding slide appears.
3. Students will discuss and share their answer choice with you.
4. Click one more time to reveal the correct answer.
6. Keep score on the board or have students keep score.
7. From the question or zonk slides, click the "Return" button and the next team will take a turn.
8. Have fun!!
Don't forget to download the ZONK student recording sheet found HERE:
ZONK Review Game Teacher Directions and Recording Sheet
Check out some of my other review games here:
Dilations and Similar Figures ZONK Review Game Show for Common Core 8.G.4
Integers Game Show
Pythagorean Theorem Powerpoint ZONK Review Game Show for Common Core
This purchase is for personal use only.
© Brittany Kiser. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. If other teachers at your school would like to use the materials, please purchase additional licenses. Thank you!