Matter – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to matter terminology (matter, property, mass, volume, buoyancy, solid, liquid, and gas)
• Matter and properties explanation
• Common properties of matter
• States of matter
• How matter is used, reused, and recycled
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are properties, matter, reuse, mass, gas, volume, liquid, recycle, solid, magnetism, buoyancy, and dissolve.
• Activity two has students completing a 9 small charts determining whether the pictures represent items with definite volume, definite shape, and their states of matter.