Matter, Chemical Trends, & Chemical Bonds Unit-Lessons, Activities & Assessments
- Google Apps™
Products in this Bundle (12)
showing 1-5 of 12 products
This senior chemistry package includes a full lesson set for a complete unit on Matter, Chemical Trends, and Chemical Bonding. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons and activities I use to teach this unit in my own classroom.
Each lesson includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket, multiple embedded videos, and a student lesson handout as a document. The activities allow the students to demonstrate their understanding in an engaging manner.
Lesson 1 - Atomic Theory and Structure Overview
Lesson 2 - Trends In The Periodic Table
Lesson 3 - Types of Chemical Bonds
Lesson 5 - Nomenclature - Ionic Compounds and Multivalents
Lesson 6 - Nomenclature - Polyatomics and Covalent Compounds
Lesson 7 - Intermolecular Forces
- 3 - 4 weeks of teaching resources
- 7 Lessons in Office and Google
- 2 Lab Station Activities
- 2 Digital Scavenger Hunts
- Digital Interactive Notebook Bundle - Contains 5 Notebooks
- Additional Activities
- The lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation)
- Google and Office-ready versions
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket
- Embedded videos
- A student lesson handout as a document
Google, Office, and Distance Learning Ready
- These lessons include both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentations are in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resources are perfect for distance learning and integrate seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
What are the student versions and how do they encourage student understanding?
The student versions of the presentations contain multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.