The What's the Matter Interactive Notebook includes fun interactive activities about matter and how it can change. It allows your students to stay organized while focusing on the key concepts aligned to the second grade Georgia Performance Science Standards.
The notebook is made of ten student pages with an additional two interactive template pages to complete the activities! You also get ten completed teacher guide pages to help you!
*Idea: I love to have a manila folder for each student for these awesome interactive notebooks. I run off the student title page on bright paper and have the students glue it to the front of the manila folder. The other pages are then stapled inside. I have the students use the back of the manila folder as a glossary for unit vocabulary terms and the front of the manila folder for key facts and notes! When it comes time to study for the end of unit test the students have a complete review packet!
The What's the Matter Notebook Includes:
1. Student Title Page
2. Do you know what matter is? (Students define vocabulary words.)
3. What is a solid? (Students complete and informational paragraph and graphic organizer.)
4. What is a liquid? (Students complete and informational paragraph and graphic organizer.)
5. What is a gas? (Students complete and informational paragraph and graphic organizer.)
6. Matter Under the Microscope (Students draw what the molecules would look like in each phase of matter.)
7. Compare and Contrast (Students complete a tri-Venn Diagram.)
8. How Does Matter Change? (Students create, draw, and describe examples.)
9. Changing Water (Students cut and label each change.)
10. It's a Matter of Fact (Review of terms.)
11. You receive the student template pages to complete the pages listed above.
12. You get eight teacher guide pages that includes the answers and possible responses.