Matter Interactive Notebook pages suitable for 2nd grade--possibly 1st and 3rd (please check description and preview)
Each page includes all the pieces a student needs to complete the notebook entry. NO teacher cutting/sorting/passing out of little pieces!!!
Each page is set up in the same manner to help promote independence!!
1. 2 notebook covers--Science notebook (in case you want to add other skills to it) and Matter notebook
2. Student contract to ensure they take good care of their notebook
3. Science safety page with writing prompt "Why is it important to follow safety rules?" Includes a pledge and a place to list rules and safety equipment.
4. Matter writing prompt "What is matter? Where do we find matter?" Includes flaps to write 3 examples of each state of matter.
5. Solids writing prompt "What is a solid? What are some properties of solids?" Includes a place to list solids, a flap for properties of a solid, and a circle to draw the molecules in a solid.
6. Rigid or bendable writing prompt "What does it mean for an object to be rigid?" Includes pockets to to cut and sort solids and directions to make a list of rigid objects in the classroom.
7. Liquids writing prompt "What is a liquid? What are some properties of liquids?" Includes a flap to write the properties of 2 different liquids, glass graphics to sort thick/thin liquids,and a circle to draw the molecules in a liquid.
8. Gases writing prompt "What is a gas? What are some properties of gases?" Includes a flap to write the properties of a gas, a cup to draw a gas (steam), and a circle to draw the molecules in a gas.
You might also like:
Citizenship and Government Interactive Notebook
Energy Interactive Notebook
Place Value Interactive Notebook