Your students will love to learn about matter with this interactive "It's All About Matter!" book. There are multiple ways you could use this product. You could copy the entire unit and staple together at the top as a student science book. OR students could glue the pages into their science journals as you teach the lessons. I have also included multiple ELA skills throughout the packet.
Here is a detailed list of the activities included in this packet.
4 Anchor Charts: (colored and black & white option)
* Properties of Matter
* States of Matter - Liquid, Solid, Gas
* Measuring Matter - Mass, Weight, Volume, Liquid
* Changes in Matter - Physical and Chemical Changes
18 page student interactive book
* Thinking maps
- 2 Bubble maps, 1 double-bubble maps, 1 tree map, 2 flow maps
- Reading and Writing lyric and haiku's.
* Short informational passages with multiple choice and short response questions.
- Properties of Matter: pumpkin moon sand
- States of Matter: mystery brew
- Measuring Matter: mass & weight using balance scale
- Measuring Matter: volume - using rulers and graduated cylinder
- Measuring Matter: calculating density - using rulers and balance scale
- Measuring Matter: comparing density - using vegetable oil, vinegar, & water
- How Matter Changes: physical changes - freezing and heating in microwave a teacher selected solid.
- How Matter Changes: chemical changes - melting a teacher selected solid in oil, vinegar, & water
- How Matter Changes: Worms! - the traditional Frankenstein Worm experiment
- Matter Review Quiz - multiple choice and short response questions
- Matter Vocabulary Word Search - teacher answer key included
Note: This interactive student book was originally designed for Halloween. However, it has been adapted to be used for anytime of the year. If the description above says "teacher selected" there is a blank line for the teacher/student to fill in with the item being used to complete the activity.