Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Learning about matter is a big part of the 2nd grade Next Gen Science Standards. This 3 week in-depth unit gives students hands on activities, STEM challenges and literacy connections, to help them understand the big idea, "Matter can change."
See this HUGE 100+ page unit in action coming soon ON THE BLOG!
THE FOLLOWING NEXT GEN STANDARDS ARE ADDRESSED:
• Matter: 2-PS1-1, 2-PS1-2, 2-PS1-3, 2-PS1-4
Included in this packet:
• unit outline with the big idea and essential question for each week
• weekly detailed lesson plans
• 10 objective cards plus a blank objective card
• 5 writing prompt pages
• matter vocab word find
• matter vocab crossword puzzle
• 16 vocabulary word wall cards and definitions to use for matching word and definitions or find your partner games
• Anchor Chart Templates in full color and BW: states of matter, atoms, properties describe matter (plus color, taste, density, size, odor, shape), adjectives describe..., hardness, elasticity, texture, shininess, invent me, matter changes
• answer keys when needed
• STEM Challenge direction slides (problem, plan, build, share, publish), planning pages, and publishing pages: rain hat
• Science Experiment Labs: properties of matter, root beer floats, oobleck, sink or float, rock candy
• states of matter sort (digital and blackline)
• atoms matter cheerios activity
• sorting matter by properties
• 4 properties of matter group research project reading passages
• rock candy recipe
• building blocks math connection activity
• 5 rearrange it slides (show how little pieces make up larger objects
• reversible and irreversible changes slideshow and discussion activity
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!