Also included in
- Are you looking for engaging units to help address the Next Gen Science Standards (NGSS)? This bundle includes hands on science labs, STEM connections, literacy connections and more for each of the themes in the NGSS 2nd grade standards: landforms, matter and ecosystems.Read about these units ON TH$36.00$45.00Save $9.00
- Are you looking for engaging units to help address the Next Gen Science Standards (NGSS)? This bundle includes hands on science labs, STEM connections, literacy connections and more for each of the themes in the NGSS K-2 standards.*****Please read the description carefully and download the preview$79.00$114.00Save $35.00
TSW research, explore and test how matter can change.
Learning about matter is a big part of the 2nd grade Next Gen Science Standards. This 3 week in-depth unit gives students hands on activities, STEM challenges and literacy connections, to help them understand the big idea, "Matter can change."
See this HUGE 100+ page unit in action coming soon ON THE BLOG!
THE FOLLOWING NEXT GEN STANDARDS ARE ADDRESSED:
• Matter: 2-PS1-1, 2-PS1-2, 2-PS1-3, 2-PS1-4
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT
• unit outline with the big idea and essential question for each week
• weekly detailed lesson plans
• 10 objective cards plus a blank objective card
• 5 writing prompt pages
• matter vocab word find
• matter vocab crossword puzzle
• 16 vocabulary word wall cards and definitions to use for matching word and definitions or find your partner games
• Anchor Chart Templates in full color and BW: states of matter, atoms, properties describe matter (plus color, taste, density, size, odor, shape), adjectives describe..., hardness, elasticity, texture, shininess, invent me, matter changes
• answer keys when needed
• STEM Challenge direction slides (problem, plan, build, share, publish), planning pages, and publishing pages: rain hat
• Science Experiment Labs: properties of matter, root beer floats, oobleck, sink or float, rock candy
• states of matter sort (digital and blackline)
• atoms matter cheerios activity
• sorting matter by properties
• 4 properties of matter group research project reading passages
• rock candy recipe
• building blocks math connection activity
• 5 rearrange it slides (show how little pieces make up larger objects
• reversible and irreversible changes slideshow and discussion activity
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2019, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!