Science Interactive Notebook – Matter
** Note: If you're looking for Interactive Notebook chapters then this product is part of The Complete Physical Science Interactive Notebook Click here to view.
** Note** If you're looking for curriculum to teach Matter then this download is also part of MATTER: The Bundle found here.
Download preview to see examples of pages.
Matter includes the following concepts:
• Composition of Matter
• Types of Mixtures
• Describing Matter
• States of Matter
• Changes in States of Matter
• Fluids: Behaviors of Liquids and Gases
Students will be able to:
• Distinguish between substances and mixtures – homogenous mixtures and heterogeneous mixtures
• Identify elements and compounds
• Compare and contrast solutions, colloids, and suspensions
• Compare and contrast physical and chemical properties
• Explain how the law of conservation of mass applies to chemical changes
• Describe the particle movement in the four states of matter: solid, liquid, gas and plasma
• Identify and describe properties of fluids: Archimedes’ principle, Pascal’s principle, Bernoulli’s principle, Boyle’s law
• Explain how gas is affected when pressure, temperature or volume is changed
Each concept shares:
• Actual photos of INPUT/OUTPUT pages of Science Interactive Notebook
• Instructions on how to create/use/complete activity for OUTPUT side
• Mini-Quizzes for each concept to check students’ understanding
• Answer Keys for all mini-quizzes
* If you’re new to Science Interactive Notebooks download my Intro to Science Interactive Notebook tutorial for FREE!
Want to be the first to know when NEW Nitty Gritty Science RESOURCES become available?
Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower
. Booyah! You just started getting down to the Nitty Gritty in Science Education - you will now receive email updates about this store.
Nitty Gritty Science, LLC ©2016
All rights reserved.