Matter – Physical and Chemical Changes is a PowerPoint 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to matter terminology (physical change, change of state, evaporation, rust, chemical change, and tarnish)
• How physical changes occur
• Everyday physical changes and clues as to physical changes occurring
• Change of state introduced (including melting, boiling, evaporation, and cooling)
• Explanation of chemical changes with examples
• How to identify chemical changes
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The editable slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are physical change, change of state, evaporation, chemical change, melting, condensation, boiling, rust, and tarnish.
• Activity two has students determining whether changes illustrated are physical or chemical changes. There are 15 pictures/descriptions to identify.